[App_rpt-users] Nodes with Traffic

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Wed Aug 6 04:31:35 UTC 2014

The biggest problem with a large net like the Alaska Morning Net is that you have stations coming in from IRLP, Echolink, Allstar, Phone, and other means. Some with great audio and some with audio so bad you can hardly understand what they are saying. Even the net controls often have lousy audio or connections. Level is the biggest problem. Lower is better than higher. Digital networks need headroom! There is nothing more grating than clipped audio! If you don't tell someone they have bad audio they may never know. If you tell them it is bad and they don't fix it then it is on them.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio