[App_rpt-users] Questions about iax.conf

ronald simpson n6gkj1 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 15:58:26 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

Is it possible to define what nodes on a multinode server use different
codecs? For instance I want the following:

Node 28412 to encode ilbc(I have recompiled to run this codec)

Node 28413 to use ilbc/g726aal2
Node 28414 to use gsm
Node 28415 to use gsm
Node 28426 to use gsm

I use these 5 nodes to monitor or talk out to many other larger node
systems. When all are connected, the bandwidth goes up. I am trying to keep
the bandwidth down as I have a very variable connect speed out here in the
sticks.

So the question is can each node be defined in iax.conf  to codecs I want
to use?

Ron,
N6GKJ