[App_rpt-users] Allstar Status - issue?

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Mon Aug 18 13:28:45 UTC 2014

Keith,

 Someone can probably answer why but I can tell you that I see those status update requests often that result in errors like "Error! Cannot open DB file for read" I replaced your node with mine at the end of the status statement and I had to click reload several times to actually get results the others gave the db error. Sometimes you have to hit reload ten or more times in succession to get anything. I don't think it is reliable and until it is fixed, if ever, it is probably not a good idea to include it in a public display. I am surprised this was not mentioned before as some users depend on those status lists. I rarely use them. All of that info for your node is available locally. You might look into the Perl script I wrote which could be modified to your liking and it would display similar results taken directly from your node and displayed over the web to anywhere.

http://crompton.com/hamradio/allstar/lsnodes.html

That kind of makes me think, maybe I should make another script that just displays certain status items for public display. The current one is really just for the node operator because it allows you to send commands and gives status info the general public does not need to see.

I usually do not see these errors in a bubble display just the data display. It might be overload at the server or in the database itself.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio