[App_rpt-users] Co-located Split Site Repeaters

Mike/W5JR w5jr.lists at att.net
Mon Feb 3 04:01:10 UTC 2014

Thanks Brett. As you mention, if the computer is at one of the sites, only 1 RTCM is required.

The Cactus sites do in fact repeat locally.

The settings for each node are similar to using a local controller and running Asterisk/AllStar on a port of that controller. There are instructions in drupal on how to configure accordingly.

The only fly in the ointment I see with this approach is getting the ID's to match the activity as the RX of a node controls the ID of that node, which in your configuration would be the TX of the opposite band. You could add a simple IDer to each TX to handle the ID of that repeater and not use Asterisk/AllStar for that.

What you want to do is easily accomplished with no more that 2 RTCMs and maybe a couple of ID-o-Matic boards.

tnx
Mike / W5JR
Milton GA