[App_rpt-users] SIP Help Needed

Chris Andrist chris at yeahmon.net
Wed Feb 12 18:18:22 UTC 2014

I hate to re-hash this, but setting up IAX for your smart phone will save you lots of time and grief.

The ports are already open and don’t have the routing issues.

Setup Steps.

1. cd /etc/asterisk
2. mkdir custom
3. cd custom
4. nano iax.conf
5. paste this into the file.

[kc7wsu] ; Change this to your desired username for the client. I use callsign.
type=friend
context=smartphone
host=dynamic
auth=md5
secret=Passw0rd1 ; Change to your desired password
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=g726aal2
allow=gsm
codecpriority=host
context=radio-secure
transfer=no
callerid="KC7WSU" ; Change to the callsign you would like to show up.

6. Save and exit file. (CTRL+X), Yes
7. nano extensions.conf
8. paste this into the file. Update 29205 with your node number.

[smartphone]
exten=29205,1,answer()
exten=29205,n,Playback(rpt/node)
exten=29205,n,Playback(digits/2)