[App_rpt-users] Touch Tones

Geoff ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 22:54:04 UTC 2014

On 02/20/2014 11:46 AM, Bryan D. Boyle wrote:
> passing DTMF over radio repeaters' transmitters is what's anoying, not only to me, but to some number of x listeners who may also be listening on frequency, have scanners tuned to the output, HTs in their offices on but at a lower volume, sitting on their nightstands, etc.

What it boils down to, Bryan, is the control operators preference. It's
-his- system, and through the graciousness of his heart, has opened it
to whoever pleases to operate there.  Let me say, again, it's -HIS-
system, and HE can do with it AS HE PLEASES!  If the general user finds
it disgusting enough to be bothered by it, then, by golly, the Radio has
a knob marked VFO ...
SEEYA!

> Being considerate and a good neighbor, even in ham radio, goes a long way.

Give it a try and let us know how it works for ya.

-Geoff/W5OM