[App_rpt-users] Kerchunk filter question

Matt Beasant g4rky at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 22 22:22:11 UTC 2014

Dear all,

I searched the list archive and see this has been asked before by
others but I'm trying again...

I have a irritating problem with one of my nodes in that the hardware
CTCSS decoder ( I'm running simpleusb on a thin client ) in my node
radio occasionally briefly false decodes and sends a really brief COS
to the node - its so brief I can hardly see it on the scope! This
results in a key-up and courtesy tones, of course.

This may be down to the fact the decoder is being fed with unsquelched
discriminator audio. It's internal to the radio so not something I can
readily change.

Is there a means of invoking a "kerchunk filter" within App_rpt,
whereby the COS signal has to be present for x number of ms before it
is treated as a real COS?

If not, I guess I'm building a RC integrator circuit ;-)

Any help received much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Matt
G4RKY