[App_rpt-users] Parallell Port PTT Issue

James Hill g0fhmuk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 12:45:23 UTC 2014

Hi Guys,

My modified CM108 suffered a catastrophic failure yesterday (one of the
3.5mm jacks broke off the board), and for the time being I've had to resort
to parallell port PTT switching.

It works fine - But I have an issue where when I start the node up, the PTT
is being held open until such a time as the node sends a CW ID, and then it
will drop after the ID.

This is far from ideal, as the TX can be held open for up to 15 minutes at
a time!

Is there a known fix for this? or can I setup a cron/scheduler event to
send a one off CWID, say 10 seconds after initialisation to make the PTT
drop?

If the answer is yes, then how do I do it?

Thanks,

James - 29681