[App_rpt-users] Incoming connects

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Sat Jan 11 04:12:54 UTC 2014

Doug,

If you don't mind shutting down asterisk you can test with netcat.  have
netcat listen on 4569 udp and then connect to it from the external box with
netcat in client mode.  type some stuff on standard in and see if it shows up
on the server on standard out.

Server
bryan at keekles:~$ netcat -lu 4569
testing to the server

Client
bryan at keekles:~$ netcat -u 192.168.1.2 4569
testing to the server

This will isolate it down to the network.

On 1/10/14 10:41 PM, Doug Crompton wrote:
> I am remotely trying to troubleshoot a friends new Allstar installation.  I
> can ssh in and connect out to nodes but I cannot connect in to the system
> from external nodes. Port 4569 is forwarded.
>
> I discovered this link -
>
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/IAX
>
> about consistent NAT and I was wondering if that might be the problem.
>
> I was able to connect in one time right after a reboot which might support
> the NAT issue.
>
> The router is an Actiontek MI424WR GigE  as supplied by Verizon on their
> FIOS system.
>
> Is anyone else having a problem with this router or have any ideas on this?
>
> Nothing is logged at the server or shows up in the client on the system
> which kind of points to a routing failure.
>
> Is there a good way to check for open port 4569 as I don't think normal port
> scan programs will check this.
>
> *73 Doug
> WA3DSP
> http://www.crompton.com/hamradio*