[App_rpt-users] Echolink node

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Thu Jan 16 20:39:41 UTC 2014

Same here, Tim.  Keeps the drive-bys and other low-info Echolink types occupied and the networked systems free of clutter so the rf and allstar users are able/free to use them without an issue.

--
Bryan
Sent from my iPad

> On Jan 16, 2014, at 3:05 PM, Tim Sawyer <tim.sawyer at mac.com> wrote:
>
> Right, the Echolink node can be any existing node in your system. I have a node dedicated to Echolink with no radio attached. That way I can completely dis/connect Echolink as needed.
> --
> Tim
> :wq
>
>> On Jan 16, 2014, at 9:14 AM, Mike/W5JR <w5jr.lists at att.net> wrote:
>>
>> Tim, thanks. I think I get it. The echolink.conf points to a defined node. If I set up a node as non-radio (hub) or even private, then that can be the "Echolink" node.
>>
>> tnx
>> Mike / W5JR
>> Milton GA
>>
>>> On Jan 16, 2014, at 10:48 AM, Tim Sawyer <tim.sawyer at mac.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> There is nothing to set in rpt.conf other than the two level adjustments and the (not required) announcement setting.
>>>
>>> Here’s my echolink.conf from a working node. Note the Allstar node is set here, not in rpt.conf and must point to an active node on your server.
>>>
>>> [el0]
>>> confmode=no
>>> call=WD6AWP-L        ; Change this!
>>> pwd=xxxxxx        ; Change this!
>>> name=Tim        ; Change this to your real name!
>>> qth=HB RACES [Allstar 2534]    ; Change this to your actual QTH!
>>> email=xxxxxxx at gmail.com ; Change this!
>>> maxstns=20
>>> rtcptimeout=10
>>> node=520439        ; Change this!
>>> recfile=/tmp/recorded.gsm
>>> astnode=2534        ; Change this to your active Allstar node number!
>>> context=radio-secure
>>> server1=server1.echolink.org
>>> server2=server5.echolink.org
>>> server3=server3.echolink.org