[App_rpt-users] tailmessage not working correctly???

Chuck Henderson rpt2 at chuck.midlandsnetworking.com
Thu Jan 23 07:35:17 UTC 2014

I put these 3 lines in my rpt.conf file expecting to have a tail message on
unkey every 60 seconds or more.

tailmessagetime=60000
tailsquashedtime=70000
tailmessagelist=tailmessage

So if someone makes a 2 minute transmission, then I expect a tail message
when they unkey.

If someone makes a 10 second transmission than I would not expect a tail
message unless 60 seconds have passed since the last tail message.

Unfortunately what I get is not what I expect.

When the repeater has not been used for a long time.... the first person to
key down gets the tail message right on top of the beginning of their
transmission.
The repeater can be in use with various people each making random length
transmissions from 10 seconds to 2 minutes long and there is never a tail
message after the first one that tromps on top of the first person talking.

I remember using tailmessage long ago back when I was using the USB fob and
I think it worked fine back then.
Now I am using only RTCM's and I can not get the tailmessage feature to
work properly.

Has anyone else been successfully using tail messages with RTCM's or USB
fobs?