[App_rpt-users] ACID Capabilities

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Fri Jul 4 17:29:57 UTC 2014

Robert,

This config should run great. The only issue you might face is if your
motherboard isn't well supported by CentOS 5, which is the default
currently installed by ACID. In my experience, this problem will be very
likely, unfortunately.

I run Opteron's all the time and nodes 2285 and 2286 are currently even
running as a Virtual Machine (using a VirtualBox host) on a fairly big
Opteron box (4 CPU's, 24 cores, 128GB RAM). In my situation, I've
custom-compiled Asterisk/app_rpt for Debian Wheezy, 64-bit and am using
the very latest version with the Dahdi patches (required for later Linux
kernel versions).  I run a combination of hardware (3ware/LSI, level 1)
and software RAID (level 6) on all these boxes.

Your proposed system should support a great many nodes simultaneously!

Have fun!

73, David KB4FXC