[App_rpt-users] PTT/VOX Issues with Remote Node and Autopatch

k2dls at arrl.net k2dls at arrl.net
Sun Jul 6 00:11:04 UTC 2014

I currently have a Hub Node setup.  A radio node will follow.  My goal for
the moment is for a remote node to connect to my hub and then for my hub to
initiate an IAX call over to my asterisk PBX where it will ring a particular
extension.  This mostly works, but the remote node remains keyed up
throughout the connection.  I am seeking a solution.

Based upon a suggestion from Mike the Midnight Engineer, I took a look at
the events programming description.  I was able to figure out after a few
reads how to use the RPT_NUMLINKS variable to trigger an autopatch dial
macro when the value goes from false to true.  So a remote connection comes
into my hub and the designated extension on my PBX rings.  Audio is passed
both directions.  However, as stated above, no PTT control.

I have looked at the duplex and vox timeout configuration variables and have
tried a number of approaches without success.

Any thoughts or direction would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan K2DLS