[App_rpt-users] Macro Help

Geoff ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 02:31:20 UTC 2014

On 07/08/2014 09:24 AM, Skyler F wrote:
> This goes back to what I was dealing with before, my link to the
> remote repeater (via input frequency) requires me to use duplex=0 so I
> don't have to deal with it ID'ing over the repeater etc.
>
> If I were to use duplex=1, there would be 3 constraints I would need
> to solve
>
> #1- NO voice prompt comes in when I enable or disable TX PL on Input
> ONLY , I can't have it saying "T" "X" "P" "L" "E" "N" "A" every time I
> have a dtmf or macro enabling and disabling it.
>
> #2- After I unkey, it does this  [Wait , Courtesy beep , Wait] , I
> don't know what the first wait is, I know the second one is hang time.
> I need to delete both waits.

telemwait=

and, in courtesy tones;

ct2=|t(660,880,150,2048)

           ^   ^   ^    ^
            |     |    |      |----- amplitude
            |     |    |------------duration
            |     |----------------Frequency 2
            |---------------------Frequency 1

So, 660hz, 880hz, 150ms at 2048 amplitude.

Mine is like this...
ct8=|t(0,0,10,0)(880,440,50,2048)(0,0,50,0)(350,440,50,2048)

[wait-times]
telemwait=150
idwait=10
unkeywait=650
calltermwait=150

That's after the signal into the repeater goes away, and before the
telemetry starts.  Of course, you don't -want- telemetry, so someone
else could help, there.  I added the 10ms delay before the tones,
because that's what worked for me.

You can add custom sounds here, instead of tones.  Some have gotten
rather clever with tones, imitating the NexTel Chirp, for one... the
's-s-stutter dial-tone, for another... a StarTrek Communicator, etc, etc...

> #3- I think pretty easy I saw some other threads on it, run macros
> when connected to any node, and run a macros when disconnected.
>
> If those three constraints are solved, I can then turn duplex=0 to 1.
> Else, I have to stay there.

I use macros to connect and disconnect to specific nodes... can even use
them in cron settings to select what  times to be/not to be connected
'somewhere'...