[App_rpt-users] remote re-boot via RF

Keith Goobie keith at goobie.org
Thu Jul 24 00:10:58 UTC 2014

Just some added thoughts

In the script that you are using for the re-boot, make sure that you execute
³sync² a few times, this will flush out all pending writes to the disk.
Many commands have it built in, but it pays to be safe.

A more brute force approach, can be implemented by using Ethernet accessed
AC power controller.  An outstanding product is available from
http://digital-loggers.com.   We run a few of them at our site.  When
everything else fails, this unit gets the job done.

Keith

keith at goobie.org
Keith Goobie
Richmond Hill, ON, CANADA