[App_rpt-users] RTCM and simulcast repeater change

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Wed Jun 4 20:58:57 UTC 2014

I've been doing some thinking about the option to drop a simulcast node out of
a larger system.

The idea is to have a code we can use to de-link one of the repeaters from the
system and operate it like a conventional repeater removed from the larger
linked system.  This would be useful in case of local use/nets/etc that do not
need to go over the larger area.

The theory is to have a logic line that would change the tx/rx frequencies 25
KHz up/down from the simulcast channel.  The duplexer would still work with
only minimal additional loss, and we could change the PL to as to not
interfere with the other parts of the system on the original frequency.

Would this be possible to script in app_rpt?  I'm assuming we'd need some
changes to the RTCM code as well.

Anyone else think this might be a worthy idea?

--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice
727-214-2508 - Fax