[App_rpt-users] Playing mp3 files in app_rpt

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Fri Jun 6 13:20:12 UTC 2014

I ended up doing as (someone, my foggy brain forgets who now) suggested, and put a local node in just for playing Newsline. Called it node 1500 and set up the extension for it in radio and radio-secure and etc. contexts. Defined it in a rpt.conf specifically for playing news, where there’s no hang time, timeout is disabled, ID is cw only, no tail messages. Call a script to change a symbolic link for rpt.conf to the news one and reload, then start the news after disconnecting Echolink and everyone who isn’t local and connecting the news only node. ID’s play that way, and I don’t have to try to split the file by hand or have it split between words or some such.