[App_rpt-users] about once a week...

Bob kk6ecm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 15:19:05 UTC 2014

Not sure if this is your issue, but see
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+automatic+daily+restart

We restart our Allstar computer weekly using crontab, which was particularly
useful as our old computer began to die, but just left it in the setup for
the new one, so I don't know how long it can run without an error (not a
foreign concept for MS Windows :-) And having worked with computer
interfaces for years (e.g. PCI; talk about transmission line and antenna
matching :-) at the CPU/bus frequencies we are talking about, its no wonder
we experience a glitch now and then (hardware redundancy is a beautiful
thing in critical applications). I've never implemented this crontab restart
in my Beaglebord-XM/LOX build, and it has been stable for months at a time;
it gets restarted sometimes just because I can't leave it alone and have to
try new things in the .conf files.

I know it does not answer your question, but sometimes a workable solution
is better than no answer at all... Hope it helps.

Thanks,
Bob
kk6ecm