[App_rpt-users] CLI help

Andrew Sylthe asylthe at kc9ona.com
Fri Jun 27 22:01:28 UTC 2014

'allowguest=no' is sip.conf (
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+sip+allowguest) is definitely
something you want to have set in this case.  The malicious request most
likely didn't circumvent the security of your system.  The attacker only
tried to probe port 5060 with a SIP INVITE to see if you were allowing
unauthenticated calling to international numbers.  In my opinion it's best
to block all inbound traffic to port 5060 (UDP) with iptables, and add pass
rules for intended hosts (unless that isn't possible because your sip
clients bounce around on different networks with varying IPs).

--
Andrew Sylthe
KC9ONA