[App_rpt-users] Allstar connecting to Echolink?

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Mon Mar 3 06:00:20 UTC 2014

I don't see you listed tonight. Below is an example of how to do a lookup in the client. It has to be upper case. Below that is my echolink.conf file for reference. Note the servers listed - 1,5,3. Make sure you point the echolink ports in your router to your allstar server and as was mentioned you can only run one echolink node per public IP address. It does not matter if you use call, call-L, or call-R but you can only run one. If you have a smart phone you can get the echolink app and connect from there to your system but not using wifi on the same LAN as the echolink/allstar system. Turn off wifi and use 3g/4g etc.  I had a ham friend visiting Alaska log into my echolink from his smartphone and it worked great.

WA3DSP_Allstar*CLI> echolink dbget c K9JPG-L
Error: Entry for K9JPG-L not found!

WA3DSP_Allstar*CLI> echolink dbget c WA3DSP-L
147090|WA3DSP-L|50.191.8.33

Save the database and search

[root at WA3DSP_Allstar asterisk]# asterisk -rx "echolink dbdump" > /etc/asterisk/wa3dsp/echolink.txt

[root at WA3DSP_Allstar asterisk]# grep WA3DSP /etc/asterisk/wa3dsp/echolink.txt
147090|WA3DSP-L|50.191.8.33

Ignore case

[root at WA3DSP_Allstar asterisk]# grep -i wa3dsp /etc/asterisk/wa3dsp/echolink.txt
147090|WA3DSP-L|50.191.8.33

[el0]
confmode=no
call=WA3DSP-L       ; Change this!
pwd=xxxxxxx          ; Change this!
name=Doug           ; Change this to your real name!
qth=Richboro, PA    ; Change this to your actual QTH!
email=doug at crompton.com ; Change this!
maxstns=20
rtcptimeout=10
node=147090                 ; Change this to your echolink node number!
recfile=/tmp/recorded.gsm
astnode=40561            ; Change this to your active Allstar node number!
context=radio-secure
server1=server1.echolink.org
server2=server5.echolink.org
server3=server3.echolink.org