[App_rpt-users] RTCM PTT circuit

Robert A. Poff WB3AWJ wb3awj at comcast.net
Sat Mar 8 16:37:36 UTC 2014

I would think that it should switch 100ma with no problem.
Make sure you put a diode across the relay coil (band toward + volts) to suppress back emf when the relay releases.

As to the Hamtronics exciter....

I had to use one (TA451) on a local club UHF repeater that I redid as an Allstar node. That repeater always had sounded horrible before.
And to no surprise, with the Allstar node it sounded absolutely RANCID. I needed to bypass all the mic processing and the really nasty clipper,
and inject the transmitter audio downstream just after the splatter filter, and essentially directly into the phase modulator. Through an isolation
resistor (somewhere around 4.7K if I remember correctly).

Now it sounds as smooth as my Mastr II / Allstar repeaters do.