[App_rpt-users] RTCM BEW Mode/Quantar Interfacing

Caleb Pal cleb at defcon-3.net
Tue Mar 11 01:56:47 UTC 2014

Hello all,

We received our RTCM's this week, and I am working to interface them to
the Quantar. I've run into a few issues:

1.) AUX TX Audio. I've had success with one machine in getting the audio
out of Pin 5 of the Telco connector, but not on the other. Is creating a
wildcard table to enable "AUXTX-TX ON" when there is an input on Pin 9
(PTT) the correct method to enable TX audio output on Pin 5?

1.) BEW Mode. My RTCM's show it as unavailable as an option to enable.
Is there a trick to enabling it?

2.) I cannot seem to get the squelch calibrated. I get a slow flashing
light a little while after I enable squelch cal, which seems to indicate
low discriminator noise. I tried enabling jumper JP1 with no change.
Does BEW mode need to be enabled to get a proper squelch calibration
with the Quantar? Tim suggested that some older firmware version may not
provide enough discriminator noise. I want to be sure I've exhausted all
options before I hunt for SCM with newer firmware for these machines.

Thanks,

Caleb