[App_rpt-users] "Official" "fixed" DAHDI patches

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Wed Mar 26 00:33:57 UTC 2014

Yes, I am well aware of the PIAF at nerdvittles but they have not done anything special. Asterisk runs fine on the RPi in many applications like incredible PBX. The problem is the USB stack and its inability to work well with the sample rates and DAC's used by app_rpt.  I have it working, just not working well enough for production. The issues I experienced had nothig to do with dahdi it was the inability to support USB 2.0 and the screwy HW on the Pi with the ethernet running on USB etc.

This is an old link but it addresses some of the problems of the Pi. It is ashame they are standing on their heads trying to fix this in SW when a new say version 'C' Pi with updated HW would be the best solution. I suspect if they don't come out with a new version the Pi will be outdated soon. The Beagle Black is already a better choice in many situations and there are others out there and many more to come. I have no doubt Allstar will run well on a ARM processor in the future just maybe not the RPi.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=12097
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio