[App_rpt-users] Finding older version of ACID

Bob kk6ecm at gmail.com
Mon May 5 02:11:50 UTC 2014

After the ACID load is complete, using a DHCP router, I run "setup" from the
command prompt, and configure it manually, IP, netmask, gateway, and DSN.
When I do this on a WinXp machine in the TC/IP window, connects directly to
the public (static) IP just fine. When I do it on the Linux box with ACID,
eth0 can't find the connection.

On a separate server, I use "setup" to configure the static address on the
back side of a router with a static IP (not reserved DHCP address), with all
the associated IP accoutrements mentioned above, with router port forwarding
from the LAN static IP, and eth0 won't find it either (fails on boot, or
"service network restart").

I had not thought about manually editing /etc/resolv.conf. It is not clear
to me what this would look like. Which is likely the root cause... not
knowing what I am doing, but trying to learn :-)

Thanks,
Bob
kk6ecm