[App_rpt-users] Changing Courtesy Tones, and SSHing into the computer

Geoff ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Fri May 9 13:11:53 UTC 2014

On 05/03/2014 08:01 AM, Skyler F wrote:
> Thank you Geoff for the help, that makes sense.
>
> Does anybody know how to have an hourly announcement with an audio
> file? I have heard of scripts or something, but I don't know how to
> script for it, where can I get started with scripting in ACID?

Again, late to the party, but I have an answer.

Hourly announcement is where I let the OS work for me.

It involves using the 'cron' command in linux.  (lots of references on
how cron is used.  Google is your friend)

My cron entry is:

0 6-22 * * 1-5 /usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "rpt fun 29655 *81"

What that basically says is, on the 0 minute, from 6am to 10pm, every
day of the month, every day of the week, on days 1 thru 5, run the
command 'asterisk -rx', which tells asterisk to connect to a running
session and execute a specific command.

Hope that helps.

-Geoff/W5OMR