[App_rpt-users] USB hubs with BB Black?

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Mon May 12 15:55:31 UTC 2014

Johnathan,

    I have successfully used the BBB with a hub (Belkin F4U040) and two DMK's. It works but it is pushing the envelope a bit both in using the hub and also two nodes. It might work for you and then again it might not.

BBB's are cheap so a better idea might be to just run one BBB per node. You just need to setup another server, move you second node there and set the server iax address at allstarlink.org and the second BBB and you Internet router. This would also have the added redundancy of another independent server. Hopefully we will get the BBB GPIO setup for PTT/COS and then you can use any compatible usb sound FOB. Then the cost of each node will be on the order of $60 or so.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio