[App_rpt-users] Status of /dl/installcd/centos6

Jim Duuuude telesistant at hotmail.com
Mon May 19 02:32:40 UTC 2014

Same as it always was. There seems to be *something* screwed up in the OSS audio
support in the kernel they distribute, and audio (to USB devices) does not work properly.
Someone, I dont even remember who now, was supposed to be doing an experimental
port of one of the USB channels drivers (simpleusb or usbradio) to native ALSA, so that we
can see if this "gets around" the problem. So far, this has not happened. Newer kernels,
even the 3.X series work with the OSS audio but, for some reason the Centos 6.X one just
doesnt seem to.

The dude that took his time to make this package did a REALLY nice job with it, and it
a serious shame that we cant use it because of this silly problem.

Jim