[App_rpt-users] use of pp I/O for two nodes in same PC

George Csahanin george at dyb.com
Sun May 25 15:14:31 UTC 2014

Hey guys, before I start putting this together I have a question. I’m putting two nodes on one PC. One node is the usual repeater. The other is a FT897 type remote base. I really like using the parport for cos/keying. And I want to use the same PC’s port for both radios. As long as I keep the ppx=?? stuff within a particular radios node stanza will it work? Or if I have a ptt specified for one radio do I not have the ability to have another ppx=ppp under the “other node” even if (obviously) different pins for each. Like this:

[general]

[usb2428]

hdwtype=0
rxboost=0
txboost=1
carrierfrom=ppinvert
ctcssfrom=no
txmixa=voice
txmixb=no
invertptt=0
duplex=0
rxondelay=12
eeprom=0
pp10=cor
pp4=ptt

[usb28599]

hdwtype=0
rxboost=0
txboost=0
carrierfrom=ppinvert
ctcssfrom=no
txmixa=voice
txmixb=voico
invertptt=0
duplex=0
rxondelay=0
eeprom=0
pp2=ptt
pp11=cor

So before I go build this up I’m curious about this point. If it won’t fly I’ll add another PC for remote base controller. I have a few D945GCLF boards. I’d move the remote base to one using Limey

George J Csahanin
W2DB
Cedar Park, TX
512-401-2630 home