[App_rpt-users] Defaul tailmessages?

Robert A. Poff WB3AWJ wb3awj at comcast.net
Sun May 25 19:35:27 UTC 2014

To play the files on the air from the cli :
rpt localplay <NODE> <optional path><filename> ; On a duplex node plays the file only on the local node.
;This will NOT play on a simplex base (duplex=0 or duplex=1)
rpt playback <NODE> <optional path><filename> ; On a full duplex node (repeater) plays locally and across the network.
;On a Simplex node only the local transmitter. (I don't care what the docs say, that's how it works)
example : rpt localplay 27784 foobar will play /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/foobar.ulaw

This assumes the file is located in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds. If it's elsewhere put the full path in <optional path>
(e.g.: /etc/W3SBA/announce/ID_CARTS/)

As to tail messages. I have three that are periodically generated by weather scripts. They're put into /var/lib/asterisk/sounds.
Filenames are tailmsg01.ulaw, tailmsg02.ulaw, tailmsg03.ulaw

For stuff that I generate manually using Audacity just to keep myself straight, and add portability of the files to other platforms, I build them as .wav files.
Then run them through this :
#!/bin/bash
s=`echo $1| sed -e's/\.wav//'|xargs -i{} echo {}.ul`
sox -t wav $1 -r 8000 -c1 -t ul $s resample -ql

Oh.... and I've not had luck using the ".ul" suffix for tail messages. Make it ".ulaw".

Just my way of doing things.......

tail message Config Here :

rpt.conf:

tailmessagelist=tailmsg01,tailmsg02,tailmsg03
tailmessagetime=900000 ; 15 minutes between tail messages
tailsquashedtime=300000 ; 5 minutes retry if tail message is squashed