[App_rpt-users] connecting on private node number from an allstar node

Tim Sawyer tim.sawyer at mac.com
Sat Nov 1 04:18:53 UTC 2014

I missed that fact that it’s a private node. It that case you do not need, in fact can’t, modify the server entry on the portal.

In addition to Doug’s example below there are a couple of things to add. In the local [nodes] stanza in rpt.conf the loopback needs the port. And it needs a list of all the other private nodes you want to connect. If the other end was node 1000 then the local [nodes] stanza would look like this:

[nodes]
1100 = radio at 127.0.0.1 <mailto:radio at 127.0.0.1>:4570/1100,NONE
1000 = radio at IP_address_of_1000:port_if_not_4569/1000,NONE

Also, if you don’t have a registered public node you will not be able to connect to other public nodes.

--
Tim
:wq