[App_rpt-users] Grandstream HT-503 configuration for FXO/FXS gateway

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Sat Nov 29 18:24:03 UTC 2014

Steve,

 I have been using the 503 as my fxo/fxs on my Asterisk PBX system for several years. It works real well. It replaced a Linksys 3000 which gave me nothing but problems for years. I do not have that system connected to my Allstar/Asterisk server which is a different system. I have connected the two systems together though, Asterisk to Asterisk for testing and it does work.

You can just follow the procedure to get it running with Asterisk as a sip device for both the fxs and fxo channels and then link it to the radio side. It might be easier if you actually had a sip phone on your local network for testing.

I could share my Asterisk PBX setup of the 503 if you like. I have used Asterisk as my home PBX controller for years. The fxs side handles my local analog phones, the rest are digital, and the fxo side routes local calls out over a standard phone line while the others are routed voip.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio