[App_rpt-users] HID Die

kk6ecm kk6ecm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 12:24:42 UTC 2014

It appears the driver is having difficulty finding the USB device. I don't know if it is a driver issue, or the USB hardware in the computer is getting flakey, or ??? I doubt it is the URI.

What is the vintage of the computer, and how long has it been in operation? Is this a new "feature" that has appeared after years of use, or is this a new build exhibiting this from the get go?

I wonder if the computer is logically moving the USB device. When this occurs, what are the results of executing lsusb at the Linux command line after exiting the CLI> prompt? Does it find the URI, and at the address shown in the error (4-1)? (lsusb will have two leading zeros... e.g 004-001)

Thanks,
Bob
kk6ecm

Sent from iPad