[App_rpt-users] DOS

Leon D. Zetekoff wa4zlw at backwoodswireless.net
Fri Oct 10 23:01:39 UTC 2014

Hi folks...as someone who works in the security operations center for
WIndstream best practices are you should check out nerdvittles.com, home
of PBX in a Flash one of the best Asterisk distros. Ward Mundy Nerd Uno
has lots of tips many security wise and everyone should bookmark that site.

One thing you should be doing is have a hardware firewall in front of
ASterisk and dont expose Asterisk to the public internet. SEcond you
should WHITE LIST WHITE LIST WHITE LIST. Third is use VPN tunnels
between sites or for access. It adds a layer of inherent security.

73 leon wa4zlw