[App_rpt-users] Disable announcements for node connects and disconnects

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Sat Oct 11 23:23:38 UTC 2014

Bob,

 Putting these two statements in the node stanza(s) you want to control in rpt.conf is usually a good compromise. It allows the connect/disconnect messages when they are done locally at your repeater but not other messages from nodes connected to the site. The way this works is that there is a delay after doing the local connect/disconnect and then the messages are muted. The delay is about 30 seconds or so. So you could hear another message right after you do a connect if someone else gets in that window but after that it will be muted.

holdofftelem=1
telemdefault=2
73 Doug
WA3DSP