[App_rpt-users] compile on debian

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Fri Oct 24 21:39:26 UTC 2014

Roland,

  The acid release works fine on Debian as long as oss is compiled into the kernel. As of 6 months ago it still was and I am suspecting it still is. It runs on Ubuntu also but it has not had stock oss support for many years so you would have to recompile a kernel and that would not make much sense with all the updates Ubuntu has.

You have to make sure the the snd-pcm-oss kernel module is loaded at boot -

apt-get install snd-pcm-oss

modprobe snd-pcm-oss

Then you will have to get the acid release and use dahdi with patches.  I would suggest an easy way right now might be to download the Beagle Black image and extract the source from there - it is in /usr/src/utils/asterisk   Also dahdi source with patches is already there in /usr/src/utils.  Then compile dahdi first then asterisk.

I guarantee you will run into problems along the way but non are insurmountable. I have a running Debian system here although I don't use it. I mainly built it when I was working on developing the BBB code as a test.

Unfortunately I did not write notes when I did it but if you get to a point where you are stuck I could probably help you out so let me know.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio