[App_rpt-users] questions on beagle

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Fri Oct 31 02:11:12 UTC 2014

George,

 I can't speak for the XM and Pickle but you could try it on the BBB. I usually don't recommend anything but simpleusb on the BBB.  usbradio on all platforms has its flaws and you have to be cautious about audio distortion problems in both directions because it is often bad in the outgoing direction and you don't hear that. usbradio is notorious for this and a lot of people are so use to it they don't even know it is happening. It is amazing how ears differ. Some would listen to a tin box radio all day and others would complain about a $1000 speaker. That being said it is worth a try knowing the possible limitations. Just bring up a BBB and configure it normally in simpleusb. Once you have that working switch to usbradio and experiment. I would be interested in what you find.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio