[App_rpt-users] Fwd: EchoLink Policy Reminder

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Wed Sep 3 16:20:54 UTC 2014

Personally I would ignore it. Its their loss. I doubt there would be any actual blocking unless there was a flagrant violation taking place. I am certainly not going to worry about it. I have an echolink input on my Allstar hub mainly for convenience as it is mostly the Allstar users away from home using their smart phones that come in on it.

Has anyone on Allstar every had a problem with unlicensed infiltration? Actually I would think echolink is easier to infiltrate than IRLP and Allstar just because there are so many gateway software packages into it. Echolink also has the most non-radio communications of any of the ham voip systems. I would say a good percentage of the communications on echolink are computer to computer. Technically you would not even need a license for that.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio