[App_rpt-users] Centos 5 with kernel 2.6.32-042stab093.4

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Thu Sep 11 16:55:16 UTC 2014

Hi Pete,

I've been briefly following this thread, but no time to respond until now.

Asterisk/AllStar does run fine on Debian Wheezy (version 7.6), 64-bit. I'm
using the exact source code (including Jim's dahdi patches) as found in
the BeagleBone Black release, in the /usr/src/utils directory. This debian
system is used as a "hub server,"  so it sees a lot of traffic and it has
run perfectly.

Unfortunately, getting the code compiled from scratch under Wheezy is a
chore best suited for those with a moderate level of Linux experience.
By that I mean you must manually resolve many dependencies, etc.
In the near future I expect a how-to explaining this process, but, we
don't have one yet.

I will also mention that CentOS5, included with the current ACID release,
is a dead end for most modern motherboards. The old kernel included does
not have proper drivers for peripherals or chipsets.

I hope this helps some-

73, David KB4FXC