[App_rpt-users] Centos 5 with kernel 2.6.32-042stab093.4

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Sun Sep 14 03:25:01 UTC 2014

On 9/13/14, 11:19 PM, Tim Sawyer wrote:
> People have jumped on my butt for saying this before but I’ll say it again
> anyway. It’s very unlikely Asterisk will run worth a damn on a VPS,
> especially one for $5/mo. I’m not going to tell you not to do it, but if
> you do manage to jump the hurdles of getting Asterisk installed on a hosted
> VPS, it may not work as it does on a $50 computer.

I second this.  Asterisk is one of those programs that is very timing
dependent.  A virtual server, especially a $5/month VPS is not going to work
well since there are 200 VM's all competing for processor time.

This being said, there is no requirement that you run ACID.  Grab it and
compile from source, I dislike redhat/centos, and run on debian just fine.

--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice
727-214-2508 - Fax