[App_rpt-users] Connection failed

Geoff ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 10:48:30 UTC 2014

On 09/12/2014 10:36 AM, Robert Newberry wrote:

> So the power was cut to the building my repeater is in. My repeater
> functions,  I'm able to connect via IAX. I'm also able to SSH in and
> ping the IP of the node I'm trying to connect too (27066) I'm also
> able to ping google.com <http://google.com>. but when I go to the CLI
> and type rpt fun 27086 *327066 it fails.
>
> So what gives?
>
> I'm running acid and a DMK URI.

Do you have access to the firewall on the router?

If it were me, I think I'd first find out who/what/where/when I was
getting an IP address from (since the building's power was cut, it
stands to reason that perhaps the IT guy plugged in the router/switch to
a non-emergency line (like your repeater is plugged into) and if you're
on wifi, no telling WHERE that thing might be connected.

I'm thinking that you're probably connected to another system that
doesn't have the port forwarded in the firewall to allow incoming
connections.

Why it's not allowing -outgoing- connections, well... that's a horse of
a different corral.  Soooo...
Your machine, right?  You have control codes, right?  Does the repeater
respond to radio DTMF controls?

how about from the command prompt?

Let's first verify this is going to work.  Some ssh terminal programs
have problems.  So, going on the assumption you do not have physical
access to that machine, let's first SSH into it:

local_system:#~> ssh -p222 root at ip.address.to.node

the wait for the password prompt and enter it correctly.

Once you're in, let's see who we're connected to, without going through
the command line.

[root@[your_call] /] asterisk -rx "rpt nodes 27086"

and observe the output.

then try