[App_rpt-users] ACID Firewall Configuration and public IP (static connection w/o router)

Bob kk6ecm at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 20:36:35 UTC 2014

The only information I've found regarding firewalls use with an
Allstarlink.org server is with respect to a router and port forwarding. In
the ACID build, the firewall seems to only address TCP for SSH, and not the
UDP. Is the assumption here that all Allsterlink.org servers will be behind
a firewall such as with a router? What about protection when the server is
on a public IP address, statically set, without a router? What protection is
afforded here? Is it then necessary to setup the ACID firewall with "Other
ports" using "222:TCP 4569:UDP"? I only see "SSH" in the Allow incoming:
section, and should eth0 be unchecked?

Thanks,

r/Bob

kk6ecm