[App_rpt-users] user login prior to control codes?

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Sun Sep 21 22:37:45 UTC 2014

On 9/21/14, 5:33 PM, Jim Duuuude wrote:
> That sort of a thing was never implemented because of the open-interoperability
> nature of Allstar. That would prevent any user from going to any Allstar-linked
> system and be able to use it, which is one of the fundamental premises of Allstar.

Thanks Duuuuude,

I'm not necessarily talking about the Allstar Link, but app_rpt in general.
We have a need for this here and I'm generally in favor of open access, but
it's become a problem to leave it open with the default Allstar Link access
codes.

I'm looking for better flexibility in this regard. Would it be easy to take
the remote base "login" functionality and apply it to certain sections of
rpt.conf?

There a quite a few people running app_rpt without interlinking with Allstar
at each site (private nodes).

Thoughts?
--
Bryan Fields