[App_rpt-users] Changing the time on the BBB

Mike Lussier mike.lussier at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 12:38:49 UTC 2014

Greeting all,

I have been testing a time announcement script and in order to see how it
worked around the time of midnight I have needed to change the time on the
BBB. I play the file through the radio and it works.

I used this command
# date -s "23 SEP 2014 23:55:00"

Then I type date and verify the proper day and time.

I run the same time script again and it doesn't work.
I boot the BBB and the time is back to current and the script works.

Any thoughts ??

--

*"We must reject the idea that every time a law is broken, society is
guilty rather than the law breaker.It is time to restore the American