[App_rpt-users] Fwd: COR signal getting confused

REDBUTTON_CTRL jrorke at cogeco.ca
Sat Sep 27 16:25:20 UTC 2014

I should further clarify the "duplex=1 mode" settings.

This is the mode when in rpt.conf has duplex set to 1 and usbradio has
duplex=0.
This config is a half duplex mode but gives a courtesy beep and tail
after RX activity.

The duplex=1 mode in rpt.conf tells the node it is in half duplex mode
but sends a courtesy beep and a tail after it receives a signal from the
node receiver.

The duplex=0 in usbradio tells the URI hardware that your radio is only
half duplex and cannot transmit while receiving.

The setup for half duplex nodes is kinda nice as it tells the user that
they are making the sinplex node.

A setting of duplex =0 in rpt conf and duplex =0 in usbradio is the same
as above with no courtesy tone and no tail.
It works just as well as above but there is no local feedback to let you
know if you are hitting the simplex node or not.

Jon VA3RQ