[App_rpt-users] Weather Scripts and Multiple Hubs

R. Wayne allstar at controlservers.net
Mon Apr 6 03:52:22 UTC 2015

Not wanting to hijack Skyler’s thread I have created my own.

With that said, our needs are simple. We have three repeaters that need to be converted to RTCM's/Allstar controllers. I believe that RTCM's are the better solution for remote repeaters.  Next, we need weather receive that plays for the local repeater area only. Can this be done? Repeater 1 covers Los Angeles. Repeater 2 covers the desert area and repeater 3 covers the mountains. How then -in theory- do we get weather to play only for its coverage area? Complicating this question is that besides our 2m repeaters we have 70cm and 900 MHz repeaters that overlap. How then -in theory- do we pipe weather to these machines and not play over the entire network?

I wonder if creating separate hubs for each repeater would help and then adding resources to each group would be the answer. These hubs could reside on our rather powerful dual processor server. Each hub could then link to one another just as any other hub from another repeater might. Organization is going to be important for us because other repeaters on other bands want to be a part of our ECOMM network. Earthquakes and weather are a big part of what we are about, but we also act to help motorists, hikers, campers, ATVers, bikers etc, et al. Anyone that needs help will know that they simply call and someone will help them. In addition we encourage chit chat!

To the topic, how then do we begin with weather scripts? I know little at this point. We have one hub operating from a remote base and hope to install the RTCM on the remote repeater this weekend. Then on to repeaters 2 and 3.

One step at a time.

R. Wayne
KI6ZTP Rpt Grp