[App_rpt-users] Help with weather scripts

mike at midnighteng.com mike at midnighteng.com
Mon Apr 6 16:47:09 UTC 2015

Chris,

I am not sure if the rules are the same now or not.
Google TTS required a developer account and limited your use of the
service to "length" "instance per day" and "instances per month".

But perhaps things have changed.

Last I used it it was getting stricter not more lax.

But a service that you pipe the text to and get back a audio file will
work and I'm sure there are plenty of them.

Still, You will need to locate a file from nws that is plain text and
hopefully without abbreviation. Otherwise, you will need to convert those
to normal spoken text before you pipe it to tts.

ex:
mcl = mostly cloudy
w:e5  = wind is east at 5 miles per hour
sct = scattered

(just supposed examples as I know the aviation reports come that way)

In any case, just a heads up on what your up against.

...mike/kbjnm