[App_rpt-users] Building Asterisk/chan_usbradio/App_rpt for Ubuntu 14.04

Mike Tubby mike at tubby.org
Thu Apr 16 21:59:30 UTC 2015

All,

I've just purchased a couple of DMK Engineering URI units and wanted to
use them to hook up radios at my station for remote control.

I am somewhat disappointed to find that chan_usbradio and App_rpt seems
to have been pruned from the current Asterisk trunk - apparently because
nobody maintained it in 3+ years ...?

I have an Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit server in the shack and has expected to just:

         apt-get install asterisk
         apt-get install asterisk-app_rpt

or some such similar commands but to no avail.

Ok, I think - I'll go and grab some source and build it ... I started
with Asterisk-1.6.2.24 believing that to be old enough ... Asterisk's
"make menuselect" has App_rpt listed but with unsatisfied dependencies -
likewise chan_usbradio.

I've spent half-an-hour googling and I seem to be able to find complete
Centos based distros, but I don't seem to be able to find any concise
information on where to get a source tree that I can use for
Asterisk/chan_usbradio/App_rpt ... there just seem to be half-built or
half-out-of-date websites out there ...

Mike G8TIC