[App_rpt-users] Open Beta "from bare metal to x86 node"

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Mon Aug 17 19:47:26 UTC 2015

I have built a version of Debian's Netinstall that will take you from a
blank hard drive to a AllStar node almost hands off.
At this time the installer assumes the following:
Wipe the hard drive, I'll say this again "THE INSTALLER WILL WIPE THE
HARD DRIVE"
machine name: repeater
Network settings: DHCP
login: root
password: debian
ssh on port: 22 (root login not allowed)
login: debian
password: debian

Download from:
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByDmt8HV_FwMRkxoQ0pMcWtScFE/view?usp=sharing>
untar the file: tar zxvf netinstall.tar.gz
burn the netinstall.iso to a USB flash drive >500 MB or a CD

Set the boot order to boot from USB then HD. if possible set to boot
from HD then USB. Use something like F12 to boot once from USB. (clear
as mud?)
Installer will start. Select AllStar install.
Once phase one completes, computer will poweroff or re-boot. Remove USB
drive.
After re-boot, computer will silently complete AllStar Asterisk install
from current SVN.
Once phase two completes, computer will re-boot (without warning)
Node is now ready for you to edit config files.

Feel free to ask questions here or direct.
We have tested it on anything from a VIA C7 to a Intel P4.

73, Steve N4IRS

--
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
1st Law of Logic