[App_rpt-users] modified custom nodenames

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Wed Aug 19 12:35:36 UTC 2015

John,

 I would think any 4.x version would work but the one you downloaded is not the latest.

http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/bash/bash-4.3.30.tar.gz

or

ftp://ftp.cwru.edu/pub/bash/bash-4.3.tar.gz

is listed as the latest version.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio

Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 12:13:49 +0000
From: izzy_y2k at yahoo.com
To: app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] modified custom nodenames

I am a total noob at linux but managed to do the following:

1. downloaded bash-4.1.tar.gz and placed in the root directory2. tar -xzf bash4.1.tar.gz  cd bash-4.1
  ./configure
  make
  sudo make install
3. I then rebooted my box and bash --version It now says version 4.1.0(1)-release (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
However I still get the error when running .sh file
Processing Node Number: 2000 - Callsign: WB6NIL,/test.sh: line 43: ${f2,,}: bad substitution

Any thoughts?