[App_rpt-users] New script

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Wed Aug 19 16:24:57 UTC 2015

I have further embellished the attached script to make nodes names in call sign files. I think everything works but input is welcome either on problems or further suggestions. You can now specify overwrite, the output directory, a specific node, etc.

The specific node is useful if you just want to add a node or just make a file for an ID. You can specify the output directory - so  write_node_callsigns -n <node> -d <path>  would write just one gsm file with that nodes callsign to the specified path.

I AM soliciting suggestions and comments even if it is a typo!!!

Note that this script will write to the /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/rpt/nodenames directory by default unless you specify the -d path option. You also still must make sure the SRCDIR path is set correctly in the script for astdb.txt on your system.

The options are now -
Usage: write_node_callsigns options

Writes voice files of call signs from node numbers

   -h           Show this message
   -o           Overwrite existing file(s)
   -n node   Specify node number - single write
   -d path    Specify path to output files
                 Default: /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/rpt/nodenames
   -v           Verbose

Write callsign for node 40000, no overwrite -

  ./write_node_callsigns -n 40000

Write callsign for node 40000, overwrite -

  ./write_node_callsigns -on 40000

Write all callsigns to default directory, no overwrite -

  ./write_node_callsigns

Write all callsigns to default directory, overwrite

  ./write_node_callsigns -o

Write single node to specific directory -

  ./write_node_callsigns -n 40000 -d /etc/asterisk/local

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio